2018 Batumi Chess Olympiad: Georgian Visa and Border Crossing Procedures
URGENT CHESS OLYMPIAD REMINDER! Georgian visa and Border Crossing procedures
Countries, requiring visa in order to travel to Georgia should make the visa arrangements AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, otherwise may not be able to cross the border to Georgia!
We would like to remind you that it takes at least 5 working days to receive the Georgian visa. Due to lack of the time, you may not be able to receive the visa. The Chess Organizing Committee can’t take the responsibility to assist you in the late requests.
Below you can find the information regarding Georgian Visa and border crossing procedures:
• Please select “CHESS OLYMPIAD 2018” in the “Purpose of Visit”.
• After finalizing the application, you will receive the verification e-mail.
• Please click VERIFY in the e-mail in order to be redirected to the payment page.
• VISA Application is fulfilled once the payment of amount 20 USD (plus service fee 2%) is accepted.
• You will receive the payment confirmation to the indicated e-mail.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
Please make sure to upload the documents according to the requirements:
• PHOTO: Please refer to FAQ page and check PHOTO REQUIREMENTS carefully: Please note, that in case you disregard the photo requirements and submit wrong, low quality photos it may cause the visa refusal.
• PASSPORT VALIDITY: Please, note that validity of your travel document/passport should extend at least for three months after the validity of requested Georgian visa. E-visa is being issued at least 3-4 months’ validity.
• PASSPORT COPY: Please make sure to upload full page scan, high quality copy.
• In case having MINORS in your delegation, you need to submit the information regarding legal guardian traveling with the minor. Be prepared to present a legal representative's certified consent at the state border of Georgia. You will be refused to enter Georgia if you will not be able to present above mentioned document.
In case of any additional questions regarding the visa procedures and border cross please contact the visa support team of the Chess Organizing Committee via the following e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Furthermore, please note that in case you have traveled to the Territory of the Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia or The Tskhinvali Region (territory of the former South Ossetia Autonomous Region) and have a stamp in your passport, according to the “LAW OF GEORGIA ON OCCUPIED TERRITORIES”: (Article 4, point 2) “Entry of the occupied territories by foreign citizens and stateless persons shall be prohibited… violation of this requirement shall lead to punishment under the Criminal Law of Georgia”