Announcement from FIDE Deputy President Georgios Makropoulos
Dear chess friends,
Since my previous announcement of 4 June, concerning the members of my electoral ticket, Dr. Aguinaldo Jaime has informed me that personal issues made him realise that he will be unable to contribute as much as he had hoped over the next four years. Therefore, he can no longer be part of our ticket. Nevertheless, Dr. Aguinaldo Jaime said that he remains fully committed to the cause of "FIDE FORWARD" and will continue to support our ticket, despite the time constraints he faces due to his current responsibilities as a) President of the Angolan Agency for Insurance Regulation & Supervision and b) Vice President of Africa Re (Africa Reinsurance Corporation).
I would like to thank Dr. Aguinaldo Jaime for all his contributions to world chess ever since he was introduced to FIDE by participating in the electoral ticket of Anatoly Karpov in 2010 (supported by Gary Kasparov and Nigel Short) and then with the ticket of Kirsan Ilyumzhinov in 2014. I am sure that Dr. Aguinaldo Jaime will continue to assist FIDE and help also African chess federations whenever they have a need.
The new Vice-President in my ticket is the Honourable Minister of Health of Zambia Dr. Chitalu Chilufya who is supporting chess development in his country for many years now. His brother Mr. Mukubulo Chilufya is President of the Chess Federation of Zambia.
Below is the CV of Dr. Chitalu Chilufya.
Candidate for the office of FIDE President
with the ticket of "FIDE Forward"
Profession: Medical Doctor, Politician
Served as doctor, technical lead and administrator, at various levels of the health care system in Government and Private sector
Member of Parliament (Mansa Central) 2013 – to date
Government Portfolio History
Deputy Minister - Health (November 2013 – August 2016)
Cabinet Minister - Health (September 2016 to date)
PROFESSIONAL SPORTS EXPERIENCE
- Chess Tournaments
Played in the elite chess league and in various open and closed tournaments under the chess federation of Zambia from 1988 to 1998.
Won two major national tournaments:
a. the Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation Open national championship (1991)
b. the Nitrogen Chemicals of Zambia Open National Championship (1991) in the Henry Courtyard Chess Club –Patron (2012 – 2015)
CFZ Chess Patron
• Responsible for overseeing and enforcing the duties of the executive officers
• Organized several tournaments within the club
• organized the league within Mansa district
• Donated chess equipment’s to schools near Henry Courtyard Executive lodge
- Chess Federation of Zambia Patron (2015 – Current)
Sourced for Chess Sponsorship
• Zambia Invitational Closed Chess Championship - 2013
• National Individual Chess Championship - 2013
• Luapula Closed Rating Chess Tournament – 2013
• Luapula Closed Monthly Chess Tournament - May 2013
• National Individual Chess Championship 2016 - Open Section
• Luapula Open Chess Tournament - 2017
• Luapula Open Monthly Chess Tournament - August - 2017
• Henry Chilufya Memorial Chess Tournament - GM Norm - 2017
• Henry Chilufya Memorial Chess Tournament - Open - 2017
• LPCA - Mukubulo Chilufya Open - Elite Section - 2017
• CCLA Mukubulo Chess Championships - Elite Section - 2017
• LCLA Mukubulo Open Chess Championships - Elite Section - 2018
• Central Province Chess League Association - Elite Section – 2018
• Responsible for sourcing sponsorship under the umbrella of Henry Courtyard Executive Lodge.
• Responsible for the organization of the events.
• Formed Henry Courtyard Chess Club as Patron / Sponsor (2010)
• Bought 20 Electronic Chess Sets
• Bought over 150 Chess Clocks
• Bought over 200 Chess Sets
• Empowering Zones with entry fees realized from Team Mukubulo Monthly tournaments
• Sponsored the Zambia National Team to Mozambique for the Zone 4.3
Individual Chess Championships - 2018
• Partly Sponsored the 2017 African Youth Chess Championships in Egypt
• Sponsored a team of four players to The KCF Africa Team Chess
Invitational - 2017
• Staged one of the biggest tournaments in Africa (Henry Chilufya Memorial Chess Tournament - GM Norm) 2017
As a clear policy of my website since 2005, to be absolutely fair, all tickets can submit their platforms to me directly and I will publish them.