European School Chess Champions Crowned
The European School Chess Championship 2018 took place from 29th June-8th July in Krakow, Poland.
The chess event was played in 6 age categories (open and girls): Under 7, Under 9, Under 11, Under 13, Under 15 and Under 17,
The winners are
Girls under 7
- LEVITAN, Liel 6 points, 2. ISMAYILOVA, Salbinaz 5 3. LAJDAMIK, Kinga 5
Open under 7
- BUYUK, Eymen Eren 8.5 points, 2. BAYRAMLI, Rafael 6.5 3. KARIMLI, Yusif 6
Girls under 9
- WCM ZAVIVAEVA, Evelina 7.5 points 2. NATOLI, Alessia 7 3. ASLAN, Roza 6.5
Open under 9
- SAMUNENKOV, Ihor 8.5 points 2. EMIR, Doruk 8 3. CM ZVEREV, Lev 6.5
Girls under 11
- MELLOR, Jessica 7.5 points 2. KOROVINA, Yana 7 3. WCM KAPICAKOVA, Lucia 6.5
Open under 11
- KOLESOV, Gordey 7.5 points 2. MEERS, Hubert 7 3. HAN, Yichen 7
Girls under 13
- KASAEVA, Sofiia 7 points 2. WCM ZAVIVAEVA, Emilia 6.5 3. TIKVESLI, Ceylin 6.5
Open under 13
- EFREMOV, Vladislav 7 points 2. CM OCHĘDZAN, Tymon 7 3. BICER, Atakan Mert 6.5
Girls under 15
- WCM ZVEREVA, Margarita 5.5 points 2. CELIK, Eylul 5.5 3. WCM SADE, Defne 5
Open under 15
- OZDEMIR, Serhan Berat 6.5 points 2. DIXA, Oskar 6.5 3. LESZKO, Bence 6
Girls under 17
- Kaczmarska, Joanna 8 points 2. Koridze, Lile 7 3. WFM Kucharska, Honorata 6
Open under 17
- Psyk, Radosław 7 points 2. FM Petriashvili, Nikoloz 7 3. CM Kesgin, Halit Kaan 6
Replay the games here
The European School Chess Championship 2018, which was played in 6 age categories (open and girls): Under 7, Under 9, Under 11, Under 13, Under 15 and Under 17, took place from 29th June-8th July in Krakow, Poland.
The Chess Technical meeting took place in the evening, after which the participants found out the pairings of the first round. On Saturday 30th of June at 11am (local time), was scheduled the Chess Opening Ceremony which took place in Krakow Opera House. The Opening ceremony of the event featured performance of professional court and historical dance group “Cracovia Danza” Court Baller, directed by Romana Agnel, a dancer and choreographer. The group presented a ballet-pantomime performance titled “Chess” according to the poem of the eminent Polish poet of the Renaissance era- Jan Kochanowski.
The Chess Championship was played according to the Swiss System in 9 rounds with time control 90 minutes for 40 moves+30 minutes for the rest of the game with an increment of 30 seconds per move starting from move 1.
The best 3 ranked players of each category were awarded with trophies and medals, while the best six players of each category were awarded with special prizes. The winners of the European Championships 2018 had the right to participate free board and lodging to the World School Championship 2019 in Tunisia. Maloposka Chess Association provided for the new European School Chess Champions of each category free accommodation for the 29th International Chess Festival “Cracovia 2018″ which will be held from 27th December 2018- 4th January 2019 in Krakow, Poland.
Besides the chess activities, all the participants had the opportunity to enjoy in side events, such as: excursions with professional guides, sports activities and blitz competition, while the Accompanying persons had a chance to participate the School Chess Teacher seminar.