The Icelandic Chess Open 2018 – Hermann Gunnarsson Memorial is scheduled to take place from 1-9th June at the Valsheimilið in Reykjavík.
The 10-round Swiss chess event is open to all players and available for FIDE title norms.
The total prize fund is 7500 EUR of which 5000 is reserved for main prizes, 1000 for Icelandic champions, 1000 for women and 500 for elo sections. The overall winner will be awarded with 2000 EUR.
Chess tournament director is IO Gunnar Bjornsson and chief arbiter is IA Omar Salama.
Preliminary list (top 5):
- GM Stefansson Hannes ISL 2541
- IM Gunnarsson Jon Viktor ISL 2472
- GM Thorfinnsson Bragi ISL 2445
- IM Mereddy Chakravarthy reddy IND 2443
- GM Thorhallsson Throstur ISL 2416