Jakhongir Vakhidov wins Astana GM Chess
After starting out with 1/2 point in the first 2 chess games, Vakhidov came back to score 5.5 points in the next 7 games to win clear first!
“ASTANA CHESS OPEN 2018”, an international chess festival, starts in the capital of Kazakhstan from June 17th. The key events of the celebration will include the 1ststage of adult and the 3rdstage of children’s Cups of the Republic. The total prize pool of the festival will be 6 250 000 KZT.
Kazakhstan Chess Federation (KCF) invites all wishing chess players to take part in the international chess festival. Within the framework of the high-profile sport event held from June 17th through July 4th, the following tournaments are scheduled:
- June 17-25 – International master tournament Astana Masters,
- June 17-25 – Astana Open-B (3rd stage of children’s Chess Cup of RK under 14),
- June 17-25 – Astana Open-B (under 10),
- June 26 – Astana Open-blitz (blitz-tournament),
- June 27 – July 3 – Astana Open-A (1st stage of Kazakhstan Chess Cup).
For the purpose of improving the qualification of Kazakh Chess arbiters, the KCF invited Ashot Vardapetyan, an international arbiter, to hold a FIDE workshop on July 1-4.
All tournaments will be held under the FIDE rules. Upon the results of the festival, candidates for participation in the final of Kazakhstan Cup Adults and Children 2018 will be defined.
Arbiter for the Adult Chess Cup of RK –Dias Isabaev, a FIDE arbiter
Arbiter for the Children’s Chess Cup of RK –Oleg Rinas, an international arbiter.
For participation in all tournaments, except for Astana Masters and at the arbiter workshop, please, send a request to the email address email@example.com:
- Children’s Cup of RK – before June 7, 2018.;
- Adult Cup of RK – before June 15, 2018.
Cheating control is performed in strict compliance with the requirements of FIDE Anti-Cheating Guidelines at standard protection level.
General management of the chess festival is performed by the Kazakhstan Chess Federation, Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Central Chess Club “Astana”.
- Azamat Aubakirov, requests accepting at: +7 702 888 14 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erzhan Zhakenov, tournament director: +7 771 111 77 17