Nakamura v MVL LIVE in London for GCT Championship!
Click here for LIVE games:
- Caruana v Nakamura LIVE in London for world #1 ranking!
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
The London Chess Classic is the final stage of the Grand Chess Tour held in London from 11th to 7th of December.
- Fabiano Caruana (Classical #2, 2832; Rapid #10, 2789; Blitz #16, 2767)
- Maxime Vachier-Lagrave (Classical #6, 2778; Rapid #11, 2786; Blitz #2, 2937)
- Levon Aronian (Classical #11, 2765; Rapid #7, 2802; Blitz #3, 2889)
- Hikaru Nakamura (Classical #17, 2746; Rapid #2, 2844; Blitz #4, 2858)
After two Classical games on December 11-12, games of rapid and blitz will be played on Dec. 13. The winners then go through to the 3-day Final, held at the traditional Olympia London venue on December 15-16 (Classical) & 17 (Rapid & Blitz). There will also be a Third Place Playoff.
1st prize of $120,000, $80,000 for 2nd, $60,000 for 3rd and $40,000 for 4th