2018 European Youth Rapid & Blitz Chess Championships
European Chess Union (ECU) and Romanian Chess Federation have the honour to invite all European Chess Federations affiliated to ECU to participate in the 18th European Youth Rapid & Blitz U-8,10,12,14,16,18 Championship which will be held from 31st July to 5th August 2018 in the city of Oradea, Romania.
The 18th European Youth Rapid&Blitz Championships are open to all players from European Chess Federations. Each ECU member federation can register an unlimited number of players that meet the age requirements of respective sections.
The entry form should be filled in by the national federation on the official website of the championship before the registration deadline – 4th June 2018.
The playing venue of the events will be Continental Hotel, one of the official hotels of the event, together with Ramada Hotel and Impero Hotel. All the players and any kind of accompanying persons are invited to stay in the official hotels of the Championship.
The event consist of 4 separate competitions:
(1) INDIVIDUAL EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP – RAPID
– 9 rounds according to the Swiss System, 15 minutes + 10 sec per player
– Categories: boys and girls U8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18
(2) TEAM EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP – RAPID
– Two categories: U12 and U18
– Teams are composed of 4 players of the same federation
– 7 rounds played according to the Swiss System, 10 minutes + 5 sec per player
(3) INDIVIDUAL EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP – BLITZ
– Three categories: under 10, under 14 and under 18, separately for boys and girls
– 9 rounds played according to the Swiss System, 3 minutes + 2 sec per player
(4) EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP IN SOLVING CHESS PROBLEMS
– Three categories: U10, U14 and U18, separately for boys and girls
If some of the categories lack the needed number of participants, the organizer has the right to merge two categories or change the competition system.
Top 3 ranked players of each category will be awarded with cups and medals, together with special chess prizes and gifts.
The event will be played according to the ECU Tournament regulations published on 1st of January 2018, which includes Anti-Cheating rules.
Besides the chess activities, ECU and FIDE seminars for trainers and for chess in schools will be organized during the championship.
IO Elena Cristian +40 723 309 101
Romanian Chess Federation/Constantin Ionescu, General Secretary: