The goal of SPICE is to work with our friends and colleagues to enhance chess, education, technology, and research. I strongly believe that College Chess is a critical bridge between Scholastic and Adult Chess. If we can successfully promote College Chess, we will retain a lot more of our scholastic players and transition them to Adult Chess.
Chess as a sport is not big enough yet and there is plenty of room to grow. Therefore, it is vital that we work together and assist each other for the best interest of our sport.
- To be the premier center for chess education, research, technology, and outreach in the nation
- To be a leader in promoting chess as a vehicle for enriching the education of children
- To be a leader in promoting women's chess
- To recruit outstanding undergraduate and graduate students to Webster University
- To bring national and international recognition to Webster University
- To support and promote competitive chess at the college level
- To support the nation's most elite chess program