India v Bulgaria and Armenia v Kazakhstan at 2020 SPFGI Playoff
#1 seed: WIM Priyanka Nutakki, IND, 2263, 25049615
chess.com ID: Ind1anStar
#2 seed: WGM Anna M Sargsyan, ARM, 2404, 13308130
chess.com ID: Anothergrumpy
#3 seed: WCM Asel Lesbekova, KAZ, 1920, 13713248
chess.com ID: asellesbekova1
#4 seed: WIM, FM Gergana Peycheva, BUL, 2255, 2916711
chess.com ID: esskeettit
- Top 4 players from the open tournament to participate in an elimination style play-off.
- Time control: G/15+2 (Game in 15 minutes with 2 second increment)
- Semifinal: 1st place vs 4th place, 2nd place vs 3rd place -- Color allocation via coin flip
- Final: Winners of the two games go into the Final, and play two games, G/15’+2”, with alternating colors
- If the score after two games is 1-1, the playoff moves on to an Armageddon game
- In the Armageddon game, White will get 5 minutes while Black will get 4 minutes with no increment or delay. Colors will be allocated with a coin toss. White must win to win the match while Black needs a draw or win for victory.
- Winner of the final match will receive the $600 first place prize and the Champion scholarship
- The loser of the final match will receive the $400 second place prize and the 2nd place scholarship
- 3rd Place: Players who lost in the semifinal games will play two games of G/15+2 with alternating colors to determine the 3rd place. In case of a tie, an Armageddon match will be played with the same condition as above.
- The winner of the match for 3rd place will receive $200 third place prize and the 3rd place scholarship
- The loser of the match for 3rd place will receive $100 fourth place prize and the 4th place scholarship